NALYSSA GREEN

A child of nature









From Barock to The seed, Nalyssa Green has walked an intense road. The first time I listened to her music was thanks to the song Your eyes. By then, Nalyssa’s songs seduced me thanks to her fragile voice growing up between light and darkness and a poetry born in the most intense and romantic way of life. Nalyssa Green took us by the hand, then, across her poetical Cemetery. Now she plants The seed of her future as a songwriter with a second album that demonstrates she’s full of talent and more intense than ever. From Greece, she describes her favourite island as a way to express what existence means to her. She looks to The moon while she designs the Revolution of beauty, The wave that will lead us to the next era. Her public is increasing all the time, would you lock her door?

Your latest album is called The seed. A seed of what?

A seed of future. A seed of hope. A tangible promise that something exists and grows in order to give out fruit in the future. A symbol of fertility and creation.

The opening song is The island. Is it a metaphor?

No. It talks about my favourite Greek island, and the feelings and thoughts I get when I am there. It is written on this island. It refers to this really strong bonding we have with everything natural, even though we have forgotten this. The forest is alive, the stars are so close you can touch them, and the whole island (including you) is one living organism.

What does The moon mean for you?

The moon intrigues me with a very special way… I think it is the symbol of femininity. It is very powerful over me. And I always search it in the night sky. I want to see it and realize in which phase it is. In the city I live in, I can’t see it easily (too many buildings in the way). So I have to make an effort every night. But it is really essential for me to get exposed to the moonlight. It reminds me my connection with the universe.

Could you tell us about the creation process of the album?

The album was recorded by me, my producer and guitarist Spiros Livanis and my drummer Evankelos Aslanides in village house on a beautiful greek mountain. Surrounded by winter nature and among our equipment, instruments and ideas, we stayed there for several days recording the songs. So the album is homemade and created with a lot of love and caring, maintaining –I thing- the feeling of this wonderful winter’s landscape and open space’s freedom.

You sing the Revolution of beauty. What do you mean?

I evangelize the dawn of a new revolution: a revolutionary way of revolution. With no blood and fight and pain and ugliness. A most female way of revolution. Full of love, beauty, harmony and tolerance. Changing our way of thinking and living would be the most revolutionary thing to do. Revolution of beauty talks about all these. And about this feeling we sometimes have, that we can do anything, we can truly change the world if we want to.

Imagine a naked factory. What would you do with it?

I would transform it into a place where people meet, people meet art and art meets people, a place where somebody can have a great time. It is a thought I already have, I would love a big industrial empty space here in my city, Athens, ran by people who love people and art. Full of performances, gigs, theatre, innovative ideas, events and happenings. A place where everybody can be theirselves, act naturally and feel cοmfortable. With a great and cheap –even free- bar where legendary parties would take place every night.



NALYSSA GREEN VIDEOS here 

NALYSSA GREEN | BEYOND YOUR EYES in NAU NUA here

An interview by Juan Carlos Romero
Nalyssa Green www.nalyssagreen.com
All rights reserved