NINA HYNES

What's real?








Nina Hynes is pure creation. When I suggested to her the idea of an online music festival she was very enthusiastic. Finally, she presents a self video recording of the Christmas song “Where is the baby” written by Susan Nipp, a beautiful gift for nau nua. Her previous album was Really really do (2008) recorded under the name Nina Hynes and the Husbands which was already presented in nau nua in the interview Nina Hynes / Singing letters to the sea, title in reference to her song Sending letters to the sea. The album is a wonderful trip from the opening Flutter and wow and the video single Somewhere out there to the last Turn on: “I never know what's real, in everything believe. I will fall again, a thousand times before, before I realise”. Now she presents the album Goldmine under the name of the band Dancing suns and one thing I’m sure of is she will turn on my mind again, because as she sings Everything is possible.

Everything is possible?

Indeed.

Where is your goldmine?

In my heart of hearts, in you, in me, in all around us.

What are the things that you find more inspiring?

Enthusiasm, a good breakfast, an open sky, ideas..ideas, willingness, change, my daughter, films, being understood, innovation, big hearts and experimentation.

Your creation process is normally a collaboration with someone else or more a soloist work?

I move between being solo and being part of a team..for the past year and a half, it has been a collaboration to make my new album Goldmine. So much of a collaboration, that i have changed form my name to a band name Dancing Suns. I feel collaboration is far more exciting than being alone.

Who's at the window?

If only I knew.

Is you heart in fire?

The fire is in my heart.

Tell me a verse from one of your favourite songs.

It is from “Beautiful Cosmos” by Ivor Cutler.
"What do we talk of whenever we meet? Nothing at all!
You sit with a sandwich I look at a roll.
Sometimes I open my mouth, and shut it.
We have a beautiful cosmos, you and me.
We have a beautiful cosmos."


NINA HYNES VIDEOS here

NINA HYNES | SINGING LETTERS TO THE SEA Interview in NAU NUA here

An interview by Juan Carlos Romero
Nina Hynes website www.ninahynes.bandcamp.com
All rights reserved