EMMA VO


Skin deep





Ears - Pink



Ears - Pink © Emma Vo









Foot - Red © Emma Vo





Ears - Red



Ears - Red © Emma Vo






Ears - Turquoise


Ears - Turquoise © Emma Vo






Head - Turquoise



Head - Turquoise. © Emma Vo









Torso - Blue © Emma Vo









Bottom - Blue © Emma Vo





Vagina - Blue



Vagina - Blue © Emma Vo





Skin deep. 2013

"The human body and the beauty of the shapes found within it have been central in much of my work. My latest fine art project 'Skin Deep' explores how we view ourselves in the modern western culture and what is consider to be beautiful and more specifically what we are prepared to do to ourselves in order to change parts of our image we perceive to be imperfect.

'Skin Deep' are showing images of odd, uncomfortable and impossible body positions using casts (made of my own body parts) as well as my body. My work is a journey where I tackle the struggles many girls and women have today regarding their self-images, therefore I only use myself as a model to be able to explore and understand this subject to the fullest. I will continue to challenge the “ideal beauty” and explore how we view ourselves." Emma Vo

All works and text by Emma Vo. © Emma Vo


All images courtesy of Emma Vo
All rights reserved